We discovered a bug introduced by a firmware update in Long Range Motion Tag on September 15.
This can be reproduced by the following steps:
- Set auto-ping/auto-update to some value e.g. 30 seconds.
- Unplug tag manager power.
- At scheduled time (e.g. after 30 seconds), the tag transmits and retries a few times.
- Re-plug in tag manager, the tag succeeds in transmitting update.
- After a while, the tag will flash several times and then becomes unresponsive until battery is taken out and re-inserted.
If tag manager is kept plugged in, if the tag ever has to re-transmit due to temporary interference, this problem may appear. As a result, the system will appear very unreliable, as any re-transmission will trigger this bug.
This problem only affects Motion Sensor Tags that were shipped between September 15 and 26 2013. If you can reproduce this problem, Please send an email to email@example.com, we will send you a prepaid return shipping label for you to return the tags for firmware update.