Using the latest Android app (version 2.2) and iOS app (version 2.3.1 and above, which should be released in AppStore next week) you can link WeMo switches as a tag to allow automation through KumoApp. These KumoApps have been made available (you can install them or make your own version based on their source code, once you link your WeMo switch):
- When any of the PIR sensor detected motion, turn on Wemo, when all times out, turn off Wemo
- When any of the PIR sensor detected motion while all of specified phone are away from home, turn on Wemo (makes potential thieves think you are at home)
- When more than specified number of PIR sensors detected motion, turn on Wemo, when the number falls below, turn off Wemo
- When any of the door is opened, turn on Wemo
- When any motion sensor tag is moved (when they are armed), turn on Wemo
- When any motion sensor tag is moved (when they are armed), and while all of specified phone are away from home, turn on Wemo
- When any of specified phones enters region, turn on Wemo switches
- When temperature is too high, turn on Wemo, when temperature is back to normal, turn off Wemo
- When temperature is too low, turn on Wemo, when temperature is back to normal, turn off Wemo
- When all specified phones leave region, turn off Wemo switches
Linking WeMo switch is very similar to linking Nest Thermostat. After you have connected you iOS or Android device to the same local WiFi network your WeMo device is on, launch the WirelessTag app and click the "+ Associate" button. If the app can find a WeMo switch on your local WiFi, a green "Link WeMo" button will show up (you may have to give the app about 10 second after launch for it to find your WeMo devices). Linking WeMo device function is not available from Web Interface on laptops, but once linked, WeMo device can be controlled from the Web Interface as well as from KumoApp.
UPDATE: With latest version of Android app 2.3.5 we have improved the reliability of the app finding WeMo switches on your network. You need to connect the Android to your local WiFi for the green "Link Wemo" button to show up. The iOS app 2.3.1 is still under AppStore review as some issues were discovered during review and delayed the release. You can join the Test Flight program to try out this iOS app version and any future pre-release versions.