Some of common feedback from our customer has been
- Battery life is too short.
- Sometimes tags go out of range or drop connection by itself
- Want to use it for bar-b-que, swimming pool temperature or sauna temperature.
- Want to use it to diagnose dishwasher, oven, or industrial fridge/freezer etc.
The core value our products provide has always been temperature monitoring and logging. In a way, we wanted to do one common thing uncommonly well. After nearly 2 years of development, the all new Wireless Sensor Tag Outdoor Probe features
- 5 year battery life using 1/2AA battery
- 3.6V battery allows DS18B20 water proof temperature probe with long cable
- New generation processor (MCU) newer than ones used in any of our other products, provides lower sleep current and improved reliability (for example, low power brown out reset prevents accidental flash memory write)
- IP68 rated, completely water proof enclosure resolves the problems of tag dropping connection (most common cause of this has been dew/condensation)
- Better optimized PCB antenna, taking advantage of the larger circuit board, achieves slightly better range than regular tags despite the thicker, more robust plastic casing
- 16-bit ADC for thermocouple and GE protimeter connection, along with accurate on-chip temperature logging
These are available now for order and shipment within 3 days. Please comment on this blog post what you think.